The area is quiet and restful, yet is incredibly easy to reach. Air links connect London, Glasgow, Edinburgh with both Aberdeen and Inverness. Intercity trains from London and other parts of the U.K. stop at Aviemore where car hire is readily available. The A9 is a direct route for the driver to Aviemore, after which a magical 30 minute drive on the A95 will bring guests directly to the lodge.
Colquhoun Lodge, Ballindalloch Lodges, is situated within the delightful countryside of the Spey Valley. The Lodge lies in a peaceful setting between the banks of the River Spey and the foothills of the Cairngorms. It sits beside the A95 between Grantown-on-Spey and Charlestown of Aberlour at Ballindalloch.
Click HERE for a map
- Northbound over Forth Road Bridge
- Take the A9 North to Aviemore (signed Inverness)
- Leave Aviemore and follow A95 Elgin road to Grantown-on-Spey (25 miles to go)
- Staying on A95 towards Elgin, bypass Grantown and cross sandstone bridge
- Go through Cromdale, still on A95
- Next you will see the Tormore Distillery on the right
- You will then take the next left marked B9137 Cragganmore Speyside Way
- Follow the road and you will see a sign carved in the wall for Ballindalloch Lodges
- Colquhoun Lodge is last one on the left “Bungalow with decking”